Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Yoghurt Fish

It has been many moons since the last time I cooked fish for us. Every time, I visit the supermarket the fishes aren't fresh at all and I don't have the habit of buying from the market. One because my hubby doesn't like to accompany me there and two I don't know if I'm being cheated or not. For all I know, the supermarket could be cheating me as well...

I bought black pomphret and 2 slices of Garoupa, I actually planned to make chicken burger for dinner but changed my mind at the last minute when I saw the fishes.

It's been some time since I cooked a complete meal for dinner, I usually go for something fast and simple to save time. Yesterday, I felt I should cook something assumptious that both of us will love and so I did.




First I marinated the garoupa with chilli powder, tumeric powder and salt and set a side.

I cleaned the pomphret, I usually make sure that I clean my meat products before freezing them in the freezer as this keeps the freezer clean and the next time I decide to cook meat, I could just defrost and start cooking. It takes less time. Besides, it's really unhealthy to keep uncleaned meat in freezer. I'm keeping the pomphret for a rainy day.

Right, after cleaning the fish. I cooked rice. I heated up oil to fry the fish. In the mean time, I prepared the ingredients for the yoghurt sauce, cut onions for the vegie stir fry and cut ladies fingers.



1 Onions
Cardamoms
Star Anise
Cloves
Cinnamon Sticks
1 tsp Cumin Powder
2 tsp Chilli Powder
1 tsp Tumeric Powder
5 tsb or more Yoghurt, the more yoghurt the more sour it'll taste.

Heat up oil and add onions, cinnamon, cardamoms, star anise and cloves. Let it simmer and stir in cumin powder, chilli powder and tumeric powder. Tumeric powder gives the colour and you may add more chilli powder as you wish, if you like it spicy that is. Add the yoghurt once the strong smell of the spices starts tickling your nostrils. Stir well and let it boil. You may add the fried fish in the sauce just before turning of the fire but I prefer to serve it separately as we have different likings of how we eat our meals.



This dish goes well with stir fried ladies fingers. This is a simple and a common dish. I just love ladies fingers.

All done and served, the meal was too much for us though it was only 2 slices of fish but they were 2 huge slices of fish.

We were so full and we ended up comparing our bellies.
There were some left overs, especially rice and some ladies fingers. That'll be kept of the next day. Perhaps, I should cook something the complements the leftovers...hehehe.


































No comments:

Post a Comment